Saturday, November 10, 2007

What have I been up to lately? Lots!

Well, to kick off the busy months ahead let me announce that my wife and I are expecting our first child in June! D-Day to be exact. After over a year of trying without result, we were getting worried that something was not working with somebody's plumbing and were ready to start scheduling doctor visit. But then we figured out what sent us home from out vacation to Vermont and Salem a couple days early: the first bout of morning sickness! Is this a sign of an impatient child already?!

So, what else has been going on? For starters, trying to get everything in gear in regards to our home. I have about seven months left to finish a myriad of projects that I have been 'thinking about doing' for a while now. Today I spent several hours cleaning out the garage and planning some new storage shelves and piling up things to move downstairs for the winter. I also have a good deal of cleaning, rearranging, and painting on my list of projects. Looks like I'll be hanging out with my buddies at the Home Depot soon.

What else have I been up to? Well, I've been working the midnight shift lately to cover while they get some new people trained. Apparently Japan hasn't shifted to Eastern Standard Time yet. Second shift has its rewards and weaknesses. I really like not having to deal with rush hour; especially since I drive 45 miles each way. I figure I save at least an hour per day in driving time. I also like that I only work with one other person and he's on the same level as me, so bascially I don't have anybody bothering me and I can get a lot of work done at my own pace. On the other hand, I have found that weekends do not work well. I have not yet had a weekend where i stay on my 'normal' sleep cycle and it always feel like onyl having one day off. My wife works midnights every other week, so naturally I thought I would see more of her. Sadly, this has not been the case. I have not adjusted to a set sleep schedule and sometimes I end up sleeping fromt he time I get home until I have to get ready for work! This shouldn't last too long, but I wouldn't mind holding out through the winter to keep clear of traffic!

No comments: